Medallion Plus > Warranty | Engine Oils & Lubricants | Medallion Plus Motor Oil
PetroChoice Limited 10-Year
or 300,000-Mile Engine Warranty
PetroChoice LLC (“PetroChoice”) guarantees that Medallion Plus® branded lubricants meet or exceed the specifications stated by PetroChoice for each product, and that they are free from defects. Subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions of this Limited Mileage Warranty as set forth below, PetroChoice will pay for parts and labor deemed reasonably necessary to repair damage to engines or other pieces of equipment on an Eligible Vehicle used in the continental United States with up to 300,000 miles of normal road usage or under 10 years old if it can be documented that the damage was caused solely and directly by breach of this limited warranty by PetroChoice.
This warranty protects your equipment against lubricant related failures when the following conditions are met (the “Qualifying Conditions”):
- The vehicle owner or lessee has registered the vehicle with PetroChoice as described below within 30 days of first using Medallion Plus® branded lubricants, and the vehicle has less than 60,000 miles of normal (non-commercial) road usage and is less than five years old at such time (“Eligible Vehicle”). This limited warranty becomes effective at the longer of 180 days or 6,000 normal road miles after registration. PetroChoice is not under any circumstances responsible for any claims for any damages that occurs prior to the effective date.
- The equipment is used under normal operating conditions as a private passenger vehicle, and is not used or licensed as a commercial, off-road or business fleet vehicle.
- The equipment is serviced with only Medallion Plus® branded product and the product used in the equipment is confirmed by PetroChoice to be a PetroChoice product.
- The Medallion Plus® product used is the correct product for your application.
- The engine or equipment was operated as specified by the engine or equipment manufacturer maintenance schedule.
- The lubricant was changed as specified by the engine or equipment manufacturer maintenance schedule.
- Written documentation or maintenance records are retained by you and available to be provided to PetroChoice which show the engine or equipment was serviced and maintained with only Medallion Plus® branded lubricants at regular intervals as specified by the manufacturer, but in no event less than once per year.
- Each qualifying oil service described above must have included an oil filter change, and the vehicle’s air filter must have been changed in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The proper lubricant level has been maintained in the engine or equipment.
- PetroChoice personnel are present during tear down and are allowed to inspect the damaged engine or equipment and take photographs.
- Oil samples have to be provided for lab testing from the damaged equipment.
This warranty shall be void if:
- Any of the Qualifying Conditions are not met.
- The damage is related to use of another brand of lubricant(s).
- Any top treat additive products were used.
- The damage is related to engine or equipment modification.
- The owner/operator has failed to operate or maintain the engine or equipment as required by the manufacturer.
Registration for this limited warranty requires you to complete and submit a vehicle enrollment form which can be obtained from an authorized representative of PetroChoice by calling 1 (877) PETRO99 (1-877-738-7699) and asking for the PetroChoice Medallion Plus® Limited Mileage Warranty Registration Form to be mailed to you. Upon submission by you of a completed and accepted Registration Form, you will be contacted by PetroChoice and given an Accepted Limited Warranty Registration Number. This limited warranty may be voided at PetroChoice’s sole option if any untrue information is included in your registration or is otherwise provided by you to PetroChoice. This limited warranty may not be transferred or assigned.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY PETROCHOICE WITH RESPECT TO ITS LUBRICANTS. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED AND UNDERSTOOD THAT PETROCHOICE MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN, THERE IS NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY; AND THERE IS NO AFFIRMATION OF FACT OR PROMISE BY PETROCHOICE WITH REFERENCE TO ITS LUBRICANTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL PETROCHOICE BE LIABLE FOR ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED LOST PROFITS OR FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR INJURY OR DEATH OF PERSONS, OR INJURY TO PROPERTY. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONSTITUTES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CUSTOMER. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CLAIMS COVERED BY ANY MANUFACTURE WARRANTY OR ANT EXTENDED SERVICE WARRANTY. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CAN ONLY BE CHANGED BY PETROCHOICE.
PETROCHOICE’S LIABILITY TO PAY FOR ANY REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO A TOTAL AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF $5,000 FOR ANY ELIGIBLE VEHICLE FOR THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, BUT IN NO EVENT MORE THAN THE THEN FAIR MARKET VALUE OF THE VEHICLE.
All claims under the Limited Warranty provided herein must be made within 30 days of the discovery of the defect by contacting PetroChoice at 1 (877) PETRO99 (1-877-738-7699) and following the instructions for claim filing, which will include timely submittal by you of all the required documents, receipts, maintenance records and oil sample in order for PetroChoice to process the claim, and you must receive written approval from PetroChoice before you proceed with the repair of any claimed damages. PetroChoice reserves the right to request additional information and to conduct additional investigations and inquiries at its expense into the claimed damage and the causes thereof. Provided that all Qualifying Conditions are met and all records and documents are provided and verified, PetroChoice will pay for repairs approved by PetroChoice after satisfactory and confirmed completion.
Download Warranty PDF